I honestly don’t know if this is an April Fool’s Joke or not.¬† It wasn’t posted on the 1st, but still seems too strange (/awesome) to be true.¬† Time will tell, I suppose.¬† I’ll be sure to keep everyone up to date as I await my beta tester kit with horror (/delight). [from the Bacon Salt blog, via geekologie]
In related news, I love bacon.¬†
Highlights from beer and book blogs this week include results of a contest to determine the best IPA in the country, a dynamite post about the bookstore “returns” market and the comics “direct” market, and plenty of April Fools Day jokes.¬† Check ‘em all out¬†after the jump.
- In a contest with 15 other IPAs from around the US, Sweetwater’s IPA took the title of “Best IPA in the Country”, beating out personal faves Dogfish Head and Stone.¬† Now, if only Sweetwater distributed in Maine… [via The Full Pint]
- Jan and Sal from BeerBloggers.com offer a recap of Novare Res’ Ola Dubh tasting on Thursday.
- Smuttynose has officially retired “Portsmouth Lager”, replacing it with the mermaid-festooned “Star Island Single.” [via Blog About Beer]
- Around the country, craft breweries continue to embrace Web 2.0. This week, Three Floyds’ video of Dark Lord release¬†day went viral, appearing officially at DarkLordDay.com (and spreading from there).
- My favorite April Fool’s joke came from Flying Dog, with the announcement of their Canis Minor low-alcohol series. [via beernews.org, which has a roundup of craft beer April Fool's jokes]
- Globe columnist Alex Beam offers his thoughts and a review (kinda) of the upcoming Beer Wars. [via BeerScribe.com]
- Alan from A Good Beer Blog reminds us that it’s ok to drink your beer, rather than overdo¬†“tasting” it.
One last item of note - tonight, my friend Ashley (The Beer Wench!) is representing beer in the first-ever Twitter beer vs. wine dinner.¬† Semi-officially called ‚Äú@docledebbie @mmWine @TheBeerWench Twitter Taste Live event,‚ÄĚ the dinner can be watched live tonight on Twitter, the TTL homepage, and in a uStream chat room, starting at 6:30 PM EST.¬† More details are available here.
Have a great weekend!
Tags: Beer, Books, linkdump